Good quality hunting bows once wore price tags beyond $1,000. But now, you can find plenty of hunting bows that offer flagship performance while costing just a fraction of the high-end price.
Bear Archery has a wide range of compound bow models for beginners, enthusiasts, and even professionals. However, their selection of different bow models may leave you inundated, especially if you’re new to the world of hunting.
Picking the right hunting bow is a critical choice as specs can be confusing for beginners, so we’re here to help you choose the best Bear compound bow!
In this article, you’ll find reviews on 6 Bear archery bows based on their specs and expert opinions. Let’s get started and see which model fits you the most!
Table of Contents
- 6 Best Bear Archery Compound Bows - Quick Guide
- 6 Best Bear Compound Bows - Comprehensive Reviews
- 1. Best Overall: Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Compound Bow
- 2. Best Affordable: Bear Archery Limitless Compound Bow
- 3. High Performance Pick: Bear Archery Divergent EKO Compound Bow
- 4. Best for Youth: Bear Archery Royale Compound Bow
- 5. Best Ambidextrous: Bear Archery Rant Compound Bow
- 6. Best Powerful: Bear Archery Legit RTH Compound Bow
- FAQs Relating To Bear Bows
- Wrap Up
6 Best Bear Archery Compound Bows - Quick Guide
1. Best Overall: Bear Archery Cruzer G2
"One of the best compound bows in today’s market, the Cruzer G2 is a bow that’s suitable for everyone, including kids. The high-quality RTH accessories make it a compelling choice that you won’t wish to miss."
2. Best Affordable: Bear Archery Limitless
"The Bear Archery Limitless is a no-frills version of the Cruzer G2 that costs almost half of the G2’s price. It is a capable bow without any major flaws."
3. High Performance Pick: Bear Archery Divergent EKO
"If you’re looking for bear archery bow under $1,000, you should certainly have a look at the Divergent EKO. One of the most sophisticated compound bows on this list, it offers flagship performance without the high-end price tag."
4. Best for Youth: Bear Archery Royale
"When looking for compound bows for kids, you’re looking for something that can be used over the years as the young archer grows. The Royale does just that – it is durable enough to last for years while also being highly adaptable with a growing kid."
5. Best Ambidextrous: Bear Archery Rant
"Just in case you need a compound bow that is suitable with both hand orientations, the Bear Archery Rant is a great choice as it is a very capable bow that also doesn’t break the bank."
6. Best Powerful: Bear Archery Legit RTH
"The Legit RTH is a well-engineered compound bow with exceptional performance for its price. Its adjustability options make it suitable for archers of all ages and skills."
6 Best Bear Compound Bows - Comprehensive Reviews
The right compound bow should serve as an extension of a hunter’s body, and they must be able to operate it smoothly. So, in order to choose the best Bear compound bow for hunting or target practice, you should consider various factors such as its draw length, speed, and brace height.
With that being said, here are 6 of the best compound bows from Bear Archery.
1. Best Overall: Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Compound Bow
One of the most beginner-friendly compound bows from Bear Archery, the Cruzer G2 is an affordable bow that is fit for nearly all archers.
It comes with the RTH (Ready-to-Hunt) package, so you won’t need additional accessories as it comes with everything you’ll need. All you’d have to do is attach a release aid, and you can start shooting arrows with it right out of the box.
Weighing just 3 pounds, the Cruzer G2 feels like a feather in hand. Pairing the bow’s compact structure with its machined grip makes for a very consistent and comfortable holding experience.
This compound bow truly excels in accuracy for its price. Although shots beyond 40 yards may start widening, it is still incredibly maneuverable, which makes the bow forgiving even for novice bow hunters.
Although it isn’t the most highly-specced compound bow on this list, the Cruzer G2 still offers generous versatility and adjustability.
Skipping the specs, this compound bow can literally ‘grow’ along with a young archer’s growing arms, thanks to the dual-cam system and the included Trophy Ridge accessories.
- RTH package ensures you won’t need additional accessories to use the bow
- Weighing in at just 3 lbs., the Cruzer G2 is incredibly maneuverable
- All adjustments can be made easily with a single Allen wrench
- Surprisingly smooth draw cycles for its price
- A bow press is not required
- The Cruzer G2 is not suitable for archers with exceptionally long arms
- You’ll need additional accessories to fine-tune every aspect of the bow
2. Best Affordable: Bear Archery Limitless Compound Bow
If you’re looking for a compound bow that doesn’t break the bank, you should have a look at the Bear Archery Limitless. In simple words, it is a no-frills version of the Cruzer G2 we’ve seen earlier.
Bear Archery clearly advertises the Limitless as a compound bow for young and growing archers. It is also one of the most affordable compound bows from Bear Archery, but it still offers plenty of features for its price.
As the Limitless comes with the RTH (Ready-to-Hunt) package, you’ll get all the essential accessories so you can start shooting arrows out of the box.
But what makes the Limitless a compelling choice is its impressive amount of adjustability. The draw range and draw weight can be fine-tuned to the requirements of a diverse range of archers.
With a generous shooting speed of 265 FPS, the Limitless is not exactly powerful. But this also makes it forgiving for archers who aren’t habituated to the power of larger bows.
In terms of accuracy, the Limitless offers a nearly perfect feel for all archers. Besides, the 65% let-off enables more control over the draw cycle.
Weighing in at about 3.7 lbs., the Limitless is easy to hold for its compact form factor.
- RTH package includes essential accessories to start shooting out of the box
- The Bear Archery Limitless is highly adjustable
- Low speed and shooting power make it forgiving for beginners and kids
- Dual-cam system and included accessories enable smooth draw cycles
- Compact form factor makes for impressive maneuverability
- Speed and power are not sufficient for actual hunting
- Accessories aren’t the best that money can buy
3. High Performance Pick: Bear Archery Divergent EKO Compound Bow
Cue in the best compound bow under $1,000; the Bear Archery Divergent EKO is the perfect example of a technological masterpiece.
This compound bow combines a compact form factor, lightning-quick performance, and an adjustable let-off feature that has seldom been seen to date on other compound bows.
What truly makes the Divergent stand out from other bows in its segment is its EKO (Equalized Kinetic Orientation) cam system. This modular system allows users to set four varied let-off settings at all draw lengths.
The secondary purposes of the EKO are to enable perfect cam synchronization and to counter the cam lean within a draw cycle.
Pairing the EKO cams with the installed string silencers, cable slide, and limb dampeners, the Divergent makes barely any noise when shooting.
Accuracy is unquestionably great, and the draw cycle is silky smooth. The Divergent EKO feels great in hand, and it offers a pleasant balance.
It also excels in terms of power; with a shooting speed of 338 FPS, the Divergent EKO knocks out all competition within its price segment.
All in all, if you’re looking to get a bow that shoots powerful shots and handles like high-end bows without the premium price, the Divergent EKO is sure to satisfy your needs.
- Incredibly fast shooting speed of 338 FPS
- Barely any noise is made when an arrow is fired
- Minimal shocks and vibrations thanks to high-quality components
- EKO dual-cam system makes for silky smooth draw cycles
- Wide range of let-off adjustability: 75%, 80%, 85% and 90%
- Draw weight adjustments may not be enough for all archers
- Not suitable for kids
4. Best for Youth: Bear Archery Royale Compound Bow
The Bear Archery Royale is a very lightweight compound bow that can serve all young archers for years to come. With a compact form factor, the Royale is very simple to maneuver, even for kids.
What makes it ideal for young archers is its wide range of draw weight and draw length. The draw weight can be adjusted from an easy 5 lbs. up to a more demanding 50 lbs.
In other words, this Bear youth compound bow can be adjusted along with the growth of young archers. The adjustment process is very simple, and only an Allen key is required.
The Royale comes with a Ready-to-Hunt package that includes all the essential accessories. Although the accessories aren’t the best, it is relatively great for the bow’s price.
On the other hand, you’ll have to fine-tune the cams to get the desired accuracy. If you want to customize other aspects of the bow, the existing accessories need to be upgraded.
But the bang for bucks offered by the Bear Archery Royale is unbeatable in its segment. In conclusion, this versatile bow is a great choice for young archers.
- Highly versatile adjustability makes it suitable for young archers
- Easily adjustable draw weight and draw length
- Incredibly lightweight and compact form factor
- Impressive shooting speed of 290 FPS for its size
- Ready-to-Hunt package includes essential accessories out of the box
- Bow press isn’t required
- Accessories need to be upgraded for more customizability
- Not suitable for adults as its draw length only goes up to 27 inches
5. Best Ambidextrous: Bear Archery Rant Compound Bow
Some archers may decide to share compound bows with other archers, but what if their hand orientations are different?
The Rant is Bear Archery’s ambidextrous solution that is suitable for both right-handed and left-handed archers.
The Ready-to-Hunt package comes with high-quality Trophy Ridge accessories. Pairing them with its incredible shooting speed of 310 FPS, the Rant is quite a powerful bow.
With a single-cam system, the draw cycles are pretty smooth. Accuracy is impressive as well, and the 80% let-off makes it comfortable to aim at a target by allowing users to hold the bow at full draw for longer.
All of this combined, the Bear Archery Rant is an affordable compound bow that is simple to set up, making it suitable for beginners as well as seasoned archers.
However, it is the heaviest compound bow on this list. With a net weight of 4.5 lbs., it may become difficult to hold for novice archers.
But this also makes for very stable shots. Moreover, this bow is comfortable to hold and fits great with adult shooters.
- Highly adjustable single-cam design
- 80% let-off makes for comfortable holding at full draw
- Ready-to-Hunt package makes it easy to set up and shoot out of the box
- Impressively smooth draw cycles and silent shots
- Powerful shooting speed of 310 FPS
- Relatively heavier than most other compound bows in its price segment
- Plastic accessories seem flimsy
6. Best Powerful: Bear Archery Legit RTH Compound Bow
For archers who don’t want to gamble their choices, the Bear Archery Legit RTH is a legitimate option (pun intended). Jokes apart, the Legit is a very compelling compound bow for its price.
It ticks all the right boxes for flagship-grade performance while not costing a fortune.
Similar to the Cruzer G2, the Legit RTH is Bear Archery’s highly engineered ‘bow for everyone.’ Its wide range of adjustability options makes it fit for archers of all skill levels and ages.
The Legit RTH is highly maneuverable, and it is further aided by its incredibly comfortable grip.
Moreover, its net weight of 3.6 pounds makes it forgiving even for beginners.
As you may have guessed by now, this compound bow doesn’t fall short in terms of accuracy either. With a shooting speed of 315 FPS, the shots are very stable, and the accuracy stays consistent up to around 40 yards.
Along with the Ready-to-Hunt package, you’ll get high-quality Trophy Ridge accessories that make for a great shooting experience.
The only downside of the Legit RTH would be the ‘shock’ feedback after shooting an arrow, but it will only be noticed by expert bow hunters, and most enthusiasts should not be bothered by it.
- Ready-to-Hunt package allows the bow to be used straight out of the box
- Lightweight form factor makes for high maneuverability
- Incredibly comfortable holding grip
- Wide range of adjustability makes it a highly versatile bow
- Powerful shots at up to 315 FPS
- Little ‘shock’ feedback after every shot
FAQs Relating To Bear Bows
Are Bear compound bows any good?
Yes, Bear Archery is renowned for creating some of the best compound bows on the market. Their products are known to offer great value for money and withstand rough use.
What is Bear flagship bow?
For the year 2022, the Refine EKO is the highest-specced flagship compound bow from Bear Archery.
What is a good FPS for compound bow?
Most bow experts recommend arrow speeds around 260 to 270 FPS, beyond which planning becomes troublesome even for the best shooters.
Do compound bows lose power over time?
No, compound bows do not lose power with use. However, the strings/cables may have loosened with use, so tightening them back should restore the lost performance of a compound bow.
With all of that being said, We hope to have helped you find the best Bear compound bow for your archery needs.
Keep in mind that the right compound bow for you should feel like an extension of your body.
Therefore, you should make sure to consider the brace size, draw length, and other factors before choosing a compound bow.